And your your favourite app is finally out. Tasker 5.0 (beta) has been released and it’s available to download!
Tasker 5.0 beta
I will keep things short and sweet. You can access the beta from the this link.
Finally, you can see the changes by yourself. Apart from mentioned interface changes, we will see plenty of good features I talked about before. The complete list of changes is posted in the release notes.
So go ahead, you know you want to try the new interface! Here are are some pictures of the new themes:
Tasker 5.0 (beta) – as this is not an official release expect issues, and report the feedback to Pent so changes would be applied to the next patch. Currently, the following things has been reported by the community:
- Tasker icon (disable/enable) is gone, use notification to disable Tasker (pending fix)
- You cannot enable Tasker again if you don’t have tiles
- Tasker crashes – reinstallation seem to fix it
- Tasker status bar icon – no option for an invisible one
- Tasker variables tab – no option to clear all
- No options to import Task and Profiles
- Orange theme – icon’s backgrounds are too washed out
- FAB disappears if more actions are present (fix pending)
There are probably more problems that will need to get addressed before the official release. I will try to keep the list updated and relevant so you would know when to pull the trigger on the new version.