I woke up to the press release of the Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+. There was only one thing I could do as a respectable website owner. I clicked the BUY NOW and I’m expecting the board to arrive tomorrow!
Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ – what’s new!
It comes with a much smaller package while still packing the typical RasperryPi 3 punch. With smaller form factor and size, comes less RAM and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ sports 512 instead of 1GB, unlike the bigger brother.
Here are the tech specs from the email:
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53
- 64-bit SoC @ 1.4 GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Video & sound:
- 1 × full size HDMI
- MIPI DSI display port
- MIPI CSI camera port
- 4 pole stereo output and composite video port
- H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30);
- H.264 encode (1080p30);
- OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- SD card support:
- Micro SD format for loading operating system and data storage
- Input power:
- 5 V/2.5 A DC via micro USB connector
- 5 V DC via GPIO header
I’m looking forward to testing the board against the other counterparts in my prolific WiFi tests. Keep in touch if you want to know how the network performs.
You can grab the board from this link if you want to give it a go yourself!